When it comes to bathroom cabinets and shelves, wood is the best option. Most of the cabinets are made of this material because it is strong as well as sturdy.
However, if you are planning to build or install cabinets or shelves in the bathroom, you need to choose the best wood.
The wood should be strong to handle the weight of all the items. Apart from that, the wood should have a waterproofing ability.
As there are different types of wood available in the market, you need to choose the best option. Not all types of solid wood are meant for the bathroom.
Suppose you want to know more about the best type of wood you can use for the bathroom, follow this article. We are going to discuss the best wood for bathroom use.
Wooden Bathroom Cabinets and Shelving:
If you have decided on using wood material for your bathroom cabinets and shelving, then you can be sure that the next step will involve some serious thinking as to how you want your project to end up.
One of the most important decisions when using wood material for your bathroom will be the type of wood you use. You will need to work out whether you want to use pine or other woods and will also need to work out how much wood you need.
Pine, for example, is a popular choice but not always the best choice as some species of pine is actually more sensitive than others when it comes to being used in a bathroom environment.
Once you have a solid idea of the type of wood material you will be using, you are ready to start your project. It is important to start on a good quality foundation so it will be stronger and last longer than other cheaper woods.
6 Best Wood to Use for Bathroom:
Here are some of the best wood types you can use for building bathroom cabinets and shelves.
- Pine: When it comes to choosing wood for the bathroom, pine is the first choice. It is a type of softwood that is not only affordable but easy to use. You can easily paint and stain it. You can apply a good coat of paint and water sealant to this wood to make it last for a long time.
- Koa: It is a type of hardwood that is used to build durable bathroom cabinets and shelves. This wood has shellac property and is very durable. On top of that, it is very lightweight, easy to use, and damage-resistant. You need to use sealant or paint to make it water-resistant. The reddish hue of the wood gives it a natural and unique color.
- Plywood: This is another type of wood you can use for the bathroom. It is an affordable softwood that helps you to design the bathroom cabinet. There are different grades available in this wood. You can choose the highest grade of plywood as it is strong and able to resist moisture.
- Red Oak: It is another hardwood that is known for durability. It is cost-effective and easy to use. You can easily use this wood for the DIY project as it is very easy to cut and use. The only drawback is that it has the poor waterproof ability.
- Cherry: This is another popular wood used for the bathroom. It is lightweight but strong wood. You can use it to build a strong and sturdy bathroom cabinet. It has the good water-resistant ability and makes the cabinet and shelves look attractive due to the natural dark shade.
- Mahogany: It is an attractive wood choice for the bathroom. It is not really lightweight but adds a classic look to your bathroom. This wood is expensive and makes the bathroom looks rich. Apart from that, it has the great water-resistant ability.