If you have recently remodeled your home, or are planning to do so, then you will want to take time to look at the different types of kitchen faucets that are available for your sink.
This way, you can choose the one that best suits your needs and style. When shopping for new faucets, you need to consider how often you will be using them, wherein your home will be located, as well as what type of appearance you are trying to achieve.
There are a number of different types of faucets that are on the market today, which can make the choice of which one to get quite difficult.
To help you with your choices, it might be helpful to know about each type of faucet and what it offers you.
If you want to know about different types of kitchen sink faucets, follow this guide. We will explain to you the various types of kitchen faucets.
Types of Kitchen Sink Faucets:
Here are some of the most common types of kitchen faucets available in the market. You can compare the types to choose the one which fits your requirement.
- Pull-Out Faucet: The most simple, inexpensive, and easiest to use faucets are the pull-out faucets. These are usually made of brass and chrome. The pull-out faucet is typically a simple tap made with an elongated hose. The faucet works in a straight line.
- Pull Down Faucet: It is a kitchen faucet that you pull down to the sink. It makes cleaning the sink as well as dishes very easy as you can pull the faucet down. You can buy these faucets in many different styles, sizes, and designs. If you like to be original when it comes to your kitchen appliances and accessories, then maybe you should consider having a pull-down kitchen faucet installed in your home.
- Single-Handle Faucet: A single handle means one handle on the sink faucets. These are single handles because they only handle one item, and most often, it is the sprayer or spout head that requires the use of a pull-handle or pull-rod to release the flow of water. You can turn it left to right in order to control the temperature of the water.
- Dual-Handle Faucet: Dual-handled faucets are not only for commercial use but also for home kitchens, and for this reason, they are becoming more popular now. Although the design originated as a commercial tool for industrial kitchens, many people are now using it in their own kitchens. There is also a wide range of models available. There are two separate handles in this faucet for controlling water temperature and flow of water.
- Commercial Style Faucet: Commercial style faucets are not always made to match the style of commercial kitchens. If you own a restaurant or coffee shop, do not assume that all commercial kitchen faucets will fit your restaurant. As you can see, there is quite a difference in the style and finish of a commercial sink faucet versus a residential faucet. There are multiple taps and handles in this type of faucet.
- Motion Detection Faucet: This is one of the many types of faucets that can be found in most homes today, and they are nothing but automatic. These are the types of faucets that are fitted with sensors that detect movements, and then when these movements are detected, the faucet opens up to let the person in, close it when the movement is stopped, and so on.