The faucet is an important piece of bathroom equipment. It helps you to control the flow as well as the temperature of the water.
You need to turn the faucet in order to manage the water supply in the bathroom. However, with constant usage faucet wears off.
The once shiny and tight faucet will become stained and damaged. Water will start leaking out of the faucet as it will not be able to hold water.
If the faucet shows such signs, you need to either repair it or replace it with a new one.
Nowadays, you will get faucets with a lifetime warranty. These are strong and durable bathroom faucets that last for a long time.
It is very important to know the lifespan of bathroom faucets in order to choose the right product. In this article, we will show you how different long types of bathroom faucets last.
Typical Lifespan of Bathroom Faucets:
If you have recently invested in brand new bathroom vanity or faucet, then the question inevitably comes up as to how long do bathroom faucets last?
You probably want to know as soon as possible whether or not your new faucet will last. Although there’s no way to precisely determine how long a faucet will last, there are ways to help prolong its life.
How long does the bathroom faucet lasts depends on many factors, such as the frequency of usage? If you use it frequently, it will wear off soon.
The average lifespan of a typical bathroom faucet is 15 to 20 years. If you purchase a brand new bathroom faucet from a good company, it will last for nearly 15 years.
However, you can extend the lifespan of the faucet to 20 years by using it carefully. For example, if you turn the handle gently and keep the surface dry, it will last for about 20 years.
The lifespan of Different Types of Bathroom Faucets:
The thing about bathroom faucets is that different types of faucets have a different lifespans. Here are the details about the lifespan of different types of bathroom faucets.
- Single Handle: This is the most common type of bathroom faucet. It is very easy to install and use. Most of the bathrooms have this type of faucet. It can last from 12 to 20 years.
- Wall Mounted: As the name goes, this type of bathroom faucet is mounted on the wall instead of a sink. It can last from 10 to 15 years.
- Spread Fit: This type of faucet is mostly used in bathroom sinks. There are two knobs in this faucet. The lifespan of this faucet is from 15 to 20 years.
- Zinc: It is a bathroom faucet made of zinc material. It is one of the most commonly used metals for the faucet. This type of faucet can last for about 15 years.
- Brass: If you are using a bathroom faucet made of brass, it can last from 12 to 20 years.
- Plastic: Plastic faucet is not really strong as metal. The lifespan of this faucet can be anywhere between 10 to 20 years.
- Stainless Steel: This type of bathroom faucet is very durable. It can last from 18 to 20 years.
- Bridge: These faucets are designed like a bridge. It is very simple and easy to use. It can last from 15 to 20 years.
- Center Set: It is a dual-handle bathroom faucet. Nowadays, most people use this type of faucet. The lifespan of this faucet is 15 to 20 years.
- Sprinkle: It is an antique-looking faucet mostly used in expensive bathrooms. It can last for more than 15 years.